Thompson Consulting Engineers has extensive experience with designing mechanical systems for buildings.
Mechanical systems include:
- Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) system design ranges from simple package cooling systems to complex central plant designs. We have experience with the following advanced technologies and design concepts:
- Geothermal ground loop heat pumps
- Ice thermal storage
- Low temperature air VAV
- Low temperature chilled water
- Air-to-air heat recovery
- Chiller heat recovery
- Modular chillers and boilers
- Variable refrigerant flow (VRF) systems
- Alternative refrigerants
- Plumbing system design includes domestic hot and cold water, drain, waste and vent, roof drainage, fuel gas piping, compressed air, and medical gases. We also have experience designing SOVENT ™ dwv systems, siphonic roof drainage systems, and laboratory chemical resistant piping, lab gases and DI water systems.
- Fire Protection Sprinkler system designs are most commonly specified as performance designs by the sprinkler contractor. We have experience with standard wet and dry pipe systems, pre-action systems, fire pumps, and FM200 gaseous systems.
- Building Automation Controls system design includes the development and implementation of proven control strategies for efficient HVAC system operation. We work with building owners on the integration of new systems with older ones and the management of multiple platforms.