Thompson Consulting Engineers has provided Building System Commissioning services for many projects.
Commissioning is the process of ensuring that systems are designed, installed, functionally tested, and capable of being operated and maintained to perform in conformity with the design intent.
The HVAC system (and associated temperature controls) is the most common system commissioned, although life safety systems such as fire alarm and emergency power can also be included.
Our five commissioning agents are all Certified Building Commissioning Professionals (CBCP ™) by the Association of Energy Engineers.
- Prepare commissioning plan
- Prepare commissioning form (checklists)
- Head of commissioning team (agent)
- Witness all tests: pre-start up, start up, functional performance
- Run commissioning meetings
- Prepare commissioning report
- Review original designs for energy saving opportunities
- Restore systems to peak performance
- Implement control strategies to increase efficiency
- Compare current codes for energy savings, i.e. reduced outdoor air requirements.
- Retrain personnel
- Discover and repair inoperable system components
- Review operating parameters, i.e. system set points (occupied/unoccupied)